1996 B.Sc General, North-West University (Potchefstroom)
1997 B.Sc Hons Sport Science, North-West University (Potchefstroom)
1998 HED (Higher Education Certificate), North-West University (Potchefstroom)
2005 B.SocSci Hons Psychology (University of Pretoria)
- – Theory and Paradigms
- – Research Psychology
- – Social Psychology
- – Cognitive Psychology
- – Psychological Assessment
- – Psychopathology
- – Gender Psychology
2008 MA Counselling Psychology (University of Pretoria)
- – Fundamental Psychology
- – Neuropsychology
- – Psychopathology
- – Counselling Psychology
- – Narrative Psychology
- – Systems Psychology
- – Career Psychology
- – Sport Psychology
Health Professions Counsel of South-Africa (HPCSA)
Member of the Association of Contextual Behavioural Science (ACBS)
2006 Master Student Psychologist (Practical Placement):
- Stabilis Rehabilitation Centre
- Itsoseng Clinic Mamelodi
- TUKS Sport
2007 Psychology Internship: Student Support Centre University of Pretoria
- Psychotherapeutic counselling services to ensure academic success and emotional wellness.
- Developing, evaluating and presenting programmes for the enhancement of student well-being.
- Performing career testing and needs assessments as well as feedback sessions
2008-2016 Psychologist: Head of Wellness (Highschool Centurion)
- Counselling Teachers, Families and Children.
- Supervise Fellow Counsellors at the School.
- Performing psychometric assessments.
- Implementing proactive measures to ensure Wellness of Children, Parents and Teachers.
- Implementing a Value System at the School.
2008-now Private Practice (Psychologist) Die Withuis, Centurion
- Working with individuals, couples and groups on a wide variety of issues such as: Anxiety; Feeling down or Depressed; Family problems; Work problems; Trauma; Chronic pain; Marriage problems; Relationship problems; Sport participation
2016-2018 Chairman of the South African Chapter of the ACBS (Association for Contextual Behavioural Science)
- Initiated the South African Chapter as well as setting up the Constitution (By-Laws) for the South African Context.
- Chaired Board meetings to disseminate Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in South Africa.
- Successfully organised 6 x CPD workshops presented by International Presenters in Centurion and Cape Town in Acceptance and Commitment therapy.
2016-2020 Organiser and head facilitator of the Peer Supervision group of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) in Gauteng
CONTINUOUS TRAINING RECEIVED
- 2013 Fundamental Intensive Training in Medical Hypno-analysis (Dr. Lorna Geer)
- 2013 Introduction to ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) (Ingrid Ord)
- 2014 ACBS World Conference (Minneapolis, USA)
- 2015 ACBS World Conference (Berlin, Germany)
- 2016-2019 Organised and attended ACT workshops in South Africa presented by International presenters.
- 2018 Participated in the (MBSR) Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) for practitioners
- Demistifying Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- 2019 Online Counselling and Psychotherapy: Completed the General Certificate in Online Counselling and Psychotherapy accredited in the United Kingdom with a distinction.
SELECTED CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
- 2014 ACBS World Conference Poster presentation (Minneapolis USA)
- 2015 Speaker at 7th Annual Child Trauma Conference (University of South Africa)
- 2019 Presented Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Workshops in Four cities in South Africa to Clinical-, Counselling And Educational Psychologists
- 2020 Presented Online ACT Workshops to 72 Attendees